Never in my life did I feel that socializing is tiring until yesterday. JC started off with orientation week, organized by the school councilors, whereby we -- the freshies -- were grouped into 6 different OG, namely Valkador (mine), Khizora, Aphrode, Primitus, Revozone, and Xenois. The orientation theme for this year was AEON, which means 'timeless' in some foreign language. Those 6 OGs represent 6 different eras of time, who then must compete against each other to defeat the Dark Lord and retrieve the time capsule in order to revive the dying Time Lord. The winning team shall be declared as the savior of Time, restoring our human time back to normal. The entire orientation concept was extraordinarily novel and creative, kudos to the OGLs and SC Orientation Ad Hocs!
Although we had our big time during orientation, the programmed stretched for way too long. For that entire week, I had to scream at the top of my lungs, stomping madly on the hall's floor, jumping to the beat of our cheers and more. Not to mention the effort I put in to know my sub OG members. In VJC, one had to appear amicable at all times, be hyped wherever you are, and speak out. One cannot simply sit down and be a spectator. We needed to show our pride as a Victorian; otherwise, you will be the outcast. The one whom people don't even bother to speak with or maybe even notice.
At first, I thought this school was the right school for me. As a former Sanurian, there is nothing excites me more than cheering for my friends competing on the dance floor, or caroling together during Christmas. But boy, things have gone way too much for my taste. I have never felt this socially tired before I entered VJC.
Everyday, orientation ends very late. And, to top off everything, we usually had sub-OG dinner together, followed by games and late conversations with friends in my OG. Then, when we get to be posted to our classes, I need to re-introduce myself to different groups of people. More class lunch and dinner after orientation ends. I can be very social, but I desperately need a time for myself after being extremely social. Especially when I got very exhausted at certain days. I would just shut myself down and stop being so bubbly. I had my moods.
Thus I decided to spend my whole Sunday with myself. I was supposed to meet my batchmates from CJCH, but then as much as I wanted to join them, I really locked myself in the study room and read up lecture notes. Initially I had no intention for mugging, however actually learning new things can be a way to spend a quality time with yourself.
Class officially starts tomorrow. All the best for me. Here's to surviving term 1-2.
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals BERITA_wongANteng SEO
0 komentar:
Post a Comment